Beer, Wine, and Liquor Retail Industry News
Below are articles related to the beer, wine, and liquor retail industry; many featuring mPower liquor POS users.
- How Much Is Your Customer Worth?
May 23rd, 2019; Beverage Dynamics
- “That’s a pretty substantial number, don’t you think?”
- A ‘Complex’ Consumer Base Challenges US Alcohol
May 16th, 2019; Beverage Daily
- “The 2020’s are expected to be driven by growth in craft sectors and young [Gen Z] drinkers.”
- US Beverage Alcohol Lags in E-Commerce: “Other Markets are Way Ahead”
May 2nd, 2019; Beverage Daily
- “Online sales only represent 1% of off-premise beverage alcohol sales in the US, but are growing at double digit rates.”
- Crowlers Add Exciting Option for Craft Beer at Retail
April 24th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- Forging more opportunities for craft beer sales.
- Don’t know what a Crowler is? Click here to read the beginning story of Crowlers.
- Liquor Store Owners deal with the impacts of Colorado allowing Full-Strength Beer in Grocery Stores *Featuring Central Park Liquor, CO
April 7th, 2019; Vail Daily
- “It’s been very impactful.” – Greg Nealy
- 17 Independent Beverage Licensees Recognized as “Brown-Forman Retailers of the Year” *Featuring Liquor Express & Craft Beer Store, AL
April 5th, 2019; ABL Press Release
- “Nominated by their state licensed beverage associations for commitment to their state associations, dedication to the beverage alcohol industry and their success in business.”
- Top Shelf Spirits Lead Category Growth
March 21st, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- Offerings of high-end spirits can lead to higher rings at retail.
- One year later, Sunday alcohol sales [IN] become part of a routine
March 4th, 2019; Wane.com
- After a year since Sunday sales became legal, Indiana liquor store owners have adjusted.
- Colorado Springs Liquor Stores Reflect on How New Beer Sales Law has Impacted Business
March 1st, 2019; The Gazette
- Spoiler Alert: “We’ve been doing great.” – Justin Roach, Veterans Wine & Liquor
- Sunday Sales Proposed for Texas Wine & Spirits Retail
February 20th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- “Texas retailers brace for a looming paradigm shift.”
- Cutting Edge in Colorado *Featuring Molly’s Spirits, CO
February 11th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- “Rufus Nagel has leveraged his Silicon Valley background to create Molly’s Spirits, a high-volume store with a modern twist.”
- Premiumization Trends Impact Wine Market
February 5th, 2019; Bev Industry
- Wine category experiences steady growth.
- US Direct-to-Consumer Shipments Rise 12%
January 31st, 2019; The Drinks Business
- According to reports, wines sold direct to US consumers grew 12% during 2018, despite increasing competition from other channels.
- State of the Industry: What’s to come for Alcohol in 2019
January 3rd, 2019; Beverage Daily
- The alcohol industry looks ahead to 2019 and what to expect for US drink trends, flavors, and regulations.
- Great Sparkling Wines and Where to Get Them in Texas *Featuring Austin Wine Merchant, TX
December 26th, 2018; Texas Monthly
- Current affordable favorites – and one big splurge.
- Retailers Grow Business Footprint Fulfilling Events
December 13, 2018; Market Watch Mag
- “Helping customers plan events adds residual returns.”
- How E-Commerce is Changing the Spirits Industry
November 30th, 2018; The Spirits Business
- How drink groups are determined to use e-commerce to retain mindshare.
- Retail Wine, Beer, and Spirits Tastings Draw Customers
November 1st, 2018; Market Watch Mag
- “Tastings evolve and expand to attract new regulars.”
- Friends and Partners *Featuring Wine World, FL
October 8th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- Chan Cox and Robert Montgomery build off- and on- premise concepts.
Beverage Dynamics 2018 Retailers of the Year
Every year Beverage Dynamics allows individuals to nominate retailers for the “Top 100 Retailers.” Below are the links to 2018’s Retailers of the Year.
Winners are announced at the Beverage Dynamics conference in June, so be on the lookout for a 2019 Retailer of the Year update!
2017 Retailers of the year *Featuring Mayfair Liquors, in Denver, CO.
*mPower POS Users