Beer, Wine, and Liquor Retail Industry News
Below are articles related to the beer, wine, and liquor retail industry; many featuring mPower liquor POS users.
- Drizly Launches New Custom Report for Retailers Detailing Top-Selling Items They’re Not Carrying
July 10th, 2019; Wine Industry Advisor
- “Latest intelligence from alcohol e-commerce leader helps retailers make more informed buying decisions based on local and national sales data.”
- 11 Alcohol Trends to Watch in 2019-20
July 10th, 2019; Beverage Dynamics
- Results from Beverage Dynamics 2019 State of the Industry Survey.
- Retailer Makes Big Splash With Summer Cocktails
July 3rd, 2019; Market Watch
- “Exit 9 Wine & Liquor Warehouse in Clifton Park, NY is putting a twist on warm weather classics.”
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers to Consider Expanding Retail Sales Outlets for Wine & Spirits
June 28th, 2019; Market Watch
- “A Keystone State senator has proposed an off-premise franchise store system to boost beverage alcohol sales.”
- Liquor Stores Feeling Financial Impact 6-months After Grocery Stores allowed to sell wine on Sundays (TN)
June 26th, 2019; News4
- “[Bard] Quillman [of Red Dog Wine & Spirits] has changed up what he offers at his store to compete. He’s selling alcohol you won’t see at the big box stores.”
- Texas Raises Retail Liquor License Limit
June 17th, 2019; Shaken News Daily
- Takes effect September 1st, 2019.
- Ruling Expands Wine Shipping Option for Florida Consumers
June 11th, 2019; Beverage Dynamics
- NAWR alerted their members yesterday that they can now legally ship wine directly to consumers in the state of Florida using common carriers such as FedEx and UPS.
- 6 Strategies for Maximizing Seasonal Tourism Sales
June 11th, 2019; SevenFifty Daily
- “Staffing up and studying past sales data are just two ways operators in vacation destinations prepare for busy months.”
- North Carolina Beverage Alcohol Retailers Face Privatization, Sunday Sales, Spirits Tastings
June 7th, 2019; Market Watch
- “..If North Carolina allowed private liquor retail outlets … liquor sales would increase 20%..”
Industry News Archives
- How Much Is Your Customer Worth?
May 23rd, 2019; Beverage Dynamics
- “That’s a pretty substantial number, don’t you think?”
- A Report Shows State-by-State U.S. Consumer Interest In Alcohol E-Commerce
May 19th, 2019; Forbes
- “The top five states for the term “buy alcohol” were: Indiana, Maine, New Mexico, Vermont and Utah.”
- A ‘Complex’ Consumer Base Challenges US Alcohol
May 16th, 2019; Beverage Daily
- “The 2020’s are expected to be driven by growth in craft sectors and young [Gen Z] drinkers.”
- US Beverage Alcohol Lags in E-Commerce: “Other Markets are Way Ahead”
May 2nd, 2019; Beverage Daily
- “Online sales only represent 1% of off-premise beverage alcohol sales in the US, but are growing at double digit rates.”
- Crowlers Add Exciting Option for Craft Beer at Retail
April 24th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- Forging more opportunities for craft beer sales.
- Don’t know what a Crowler is? Click here to read the beginning story of Crowlers.
- Liquor Store Owners deal with the impacts of Colorado allowing Full-Strength Beer in Grocery Stores *Featuring Central Park Liquor, CO
April 7th, 2019; Vail Daily
- “It’s been very impactful.” – Greg Nealy
- 17 Independent Beverage Licensees Recognized as “Brown-Forman Retailers of the Year” *Featuring Liquor Express & Craft Beer Store, AL
April 5th, 2019; ABL Press Release
- “Nominated by their state licensed beverage associations for commitment to their state associations, dedication to the beverage alcohol industry and their success in business.”
- Top Shelf Spirits Lead Category Growth
March 21st, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- Offerings of high-end spirits can lead to higher rings at retail.
- One year later, Sunday alcohol sales [IN] become part of a routine
March 4th, 2019; Wane.com
- After a year since Sunday sales became legal, Indiana liquor store owners have adjusted.
- Colorado Springs Liquor Stores Reflect on How New Beer Sales Law has Impacted Business
March 1st, 2019; The Gazette
- Spoiler Alert: “We’ve been doing great.” – Justin Roach, Veterans Wine & Liquor
- Sunday Sales Proposed for Texas Wine & Spirits Retail
February 20th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- “Texas retailers brace for a looming paradigm shift.”
- Cutting Edge in Colorado *Featuring Molly’s Spirits, CO
February 11th, 2019; Market Watch Mag
- “Rufus Nagel has leveraged his Silicon Valley background to create Molly’s Spirits, a high-volume store with a modern twist.”
- Premiumization Trends Impact Wine Market
February 5th, 2019; Bev Industry
- Wine category experiences steady growth.
- US Direct-to-Consumer Shipments Rise 12%
January 31st, 2019; The Drinks Business
- According to reports, wines sold direct to US consumers grew 12% during 2018, despite increasing competition from other channels.
- State of the Industry: What’s to come for Alcohol in 2019
January 3rd, 2019; Beverage Daily
- The alcohol industry looks ahead to 2019 and what to expect for US drink trends, flavors, and regulations.
- Great Sparkling Wines and Where to Get Them in Texas *Featuring Austin Wine Merchant, TX
December 26th, 2018; Texas Monthly
- Current affordable favorites – and one big splurge.
- Retailers Grow Business Footprint Fulfilling Events
December 13, 2018; Market Watch Mag
- “Helping customers plan events adds residual returns.”
Articles Featuring mPower Users
- Mission Wine & Spirits in Los Angeles partners with Amazon for fast one-house delivery service.
- How the Austin Wine Merchant Became an Iconic Retailer.
- The Best of Both Worlds: Wine World has created a successful hybrid retail and on-premise company.
- Colorado’s Hazel’s Beverage World Tops $30 Million In Sales.
- Friends and Partners: Wine World of Florida’s Chan Cox & Robert Montgomery build off- and on- premise concepts that are long on customer service.
- Cutting Edge in Colorado: Molly’s Spirits.
Beverage Dynamics 2019 Retailers of the Year
Every year Beverage Dynamics allows individuals to nominate retailers for the “Top 100 Retailers.” Below is the link to 2019’s Retailers of the Year.
*2019 Featuring: Acme Liquors, Crested Butte, CO; Boone’s Wine & Spirits, Eagle, CO; Broadway Spirits, New York, NY; Cellar Door Wine & Spirits, Murray, KY; Mayfair Liquors, Denver, CO; Sodie’s Wine & Spirits, Fort Smith, AR